Who are we?
Our website address is https://hscrevision.com and we can be contacted at email@example.com
Why do we collect information?
As is true of most websites, we collect non-personal information of the type that typical web browsers and servers make available. This information is used to better understand how patrons use our website and provide you with the best possible experience and service. For example, we can use the information to:
- Make our website easier for you to use
- Help you find what you’re looking for, quickly and easily
- Create articles and other content that you’ll enjoy
- Let you know about new promotions, products and other information
In each case, we collect such information only as necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the user’s interaction with us. Users can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We may also use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, process payments and orders, and verify user information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by monitoring and analysing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy or make our Services easier to use.
- To place and manage ads in our advertising program. For example, to place ads on our sites as part of our advertising program, and understand advertisement performance.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of HSC Revision and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you your feedback from the queries generated via the Contact Us form.
What type of information is collected?
When you access the pages on the hscrevision.com site, our computers automatically record common information such as:
- your server address
- date and time of visit to hscrevision.com
- the type of browser and operating system you have used.
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded from hscrevision.com
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine that has accessed the site
What personal data do we collect?
For users that register on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information
Certain users or visitors choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depend on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who contact us to provide their names and email address. When users leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Like most websites, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website.
It is the policy of HSC Revision to utilise positive feedback from students as a promotional tool and hence students hereby agree to permit the use of such statements referred to HSC Revision in email and other correspondence. Keeping the use of such statements, a student’s privacy and confidentiality will be respected as any such advertising or promotion will be restricted to only use of Name, City and State.
Payment and contact information
If you enrol in a course or buy a subscription from us, we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you. You’ll provide additional personal and payment information like your name, credit card information, and contact information. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made. If you use our e-commerce Services (including PayPal or the WooCommerce Services Payments), you may also provide us with financial details to set up a payment’s integration, like the email address for your PayPal account or your bank account information.
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of text data that a web server can store on, and later retrieve from, a user’s computer. The cookies on this site do not read the information on your hard drive.
- identify your browser.
- record your preferences concerning your use of the site.
- provide hscrevision.com with other relevant information about your enquiry.
It is useful to note that the cookies do not make your computer perform any actions or make your computer send information to any other computer via the internet. Our server cannot find out your name or email address, or anything about your computer, by using cookies.
The information collected may be used to identify patterns of usage of the site and assist us in improving the site and the courses offered on it.
HSC Revision may collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files on the HSC Revision site.
- unauthorised tampering or interference with content published on the HSC Revision site.
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the HSC Revision sites
- communications that are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the webserver, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia or interfere with the safe usage of the HSC Revision site by other users.
HSC Revision reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of this site raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been committed. In the event of an investigation, HSC Revision will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
We may be required to release potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information when it is necessary to comply with laws; enforce or apply our conditions of use and/or other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of HSC Revision, our employees, our users, or others. We may exchange information with other organizations, including governmental authorities, for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long do we retain your data?
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it.
What rights do you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Who do we share information with?
We may share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy in the following cases:
- To third-party vendors. For example, we may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site.
- To financial vendors. For example, vendors that help us provide our Services to you like PayPal payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, payment providers you use for your e-commerce operations,
- To fraud prevention services. For example, those that allow us to analyse fraudulent payment transactions,
- To cloud storage and data escrow services. For example, when your results are stored securely in a cloud and that allows us to provide domain registration services
- To postal and email delivery services. For example, that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries,
HSC Revision will not publish or share information without your written consent or otherwise following the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
How do we protect your data?
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. HSC Revision takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. We use industry best practices to protect your information and your privacy. When your password or credit card numbers are requested on the site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to present secure pages to protect that information.
You can tell if you are using a secure server by looking for a closed padlock sign at the left side of the URL address bar of your browser window. In internet browsers, you will see a lock icon. When the symbol is unbroken or the padlock appears to be in its closed state, the page is encrypted and therefore secure. If you wish to take advantage of the latest encryption standards, be sure you have the latest version of the browser you’re using.